Mechanical Engineer – Nuclear – Heysham, NW – 12 months INSIDE IR35
Client – Cavendish Nuclear / Babcock
Rate – Up to £45.00 per hour (Umbrella)
IR35 Status – INSIDE IR35
Contract Length – 12 month Contract (long term project so likely extension)
Location – Heysham 2 Power Station, Heysham (site based)
Security Clearance Required – BPSS Security Clearance but candidates need to be able to obtain CTC Clearance
Provide oversight of resource to service the Heysham 2 Fuel Route Strategic Spares.
- A member of the Fuel Route Technical Advice Group (FRTAG) department reporting to the FRTAG Lead
- Act as supervisor/owner for assigned strategic spares refurbishments.
- Lead a team of craft technicians to delivery strategic spares refurbishments
- Ensure station documentation and drawings are maintained and accurately reflect design and configuration changes.
- Supervision of Fuel Route outage tasks from a front-line hands-on team leader standpoint
- Undertake independent engineering decisions to ensure workflow is maintained
- Ensure that all activities are carried out with full regard to site licence requirements, statutory regulations, company and local directives, procedures and safety rules.
- Responsible for the medium to long term equipment reliability of assigned systems.
- Ensuring station documentation and drawings are maintained and accurately reflect design and configuration changes.
- Where plant issues are identified provide technical expertise and knowledge to troubleshooting activities ensuring robust corrective actions are in place to correct issues and prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure that all activities are carried out with full regard to agreed Safety Standards and Expectations, Site Licence requirements, statutory regulations, company and local directives, procedures and Safety Rules and that they are in compliance with the Station Quality Manual such that the prescribed service levels, standards and targets are being met. Maintain knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards.
- Support the Fuel Route department with emergent issues as required.
- Produce and advise on Task Briefs and impact statements
- Proactively use OPEX to promote learning within the organisation.
- Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline (preferred)
- HNC/HND in a appropriate Engineering discipline
- APMP (preferred)
- Membership of an appropriate Engineering Institution (C.Eng.) (preferred)
- Nuclear and conventional plant and system experience.
- A wide range of experience in mechanical fault finding and rectification
- IOSH Managing Safety
- Appropriate safety rules authorisations.
- Appropriate “Management of Work” authorisations.
- Appropriate contract and project management authorisations