Technical Assurance Officer – Nuclear – North West – 6 Months INSIDE
Client – International Nuclear Services Ltd (INS) / Nuclear Transport Solutions (NTS)
Rate – Up to £500 per day (Umbrella)
IR35 Status – INSIDE IR35
Hours per Week – 37 hours
Contract Length – 6 month Contract with likely extension
Location – Risley, Warrington
Security Clearance Required – SC Security Clearance
A Technical Assurance professional will use their expert knowledge and skills to promote a positive technical assurance culture in the workplace based around the guiding principles. A key part of the role is the responsibility for the development and supporting of technical procedures which are compliant to industry standards, stakeholder and customer requirements. Particular emphasis for this role will be support the wider Technical Assurance Team with skills in Nuclear, Loading, Shipping and Rail operations: a background in one would be desirable or a technical background with a willingness to learn. An essential part of the role is, promoting a culture of technical compliance in the workplace and performing regular detailed inspections and audits across NTS and its supply chain.
- Support and provide technical advice on the development & review of technical processes to ensure they meet the appropriate standards
- Conducting in-house training sessions on technical awareness
- Lead or support investigations to develop LFE and actions
- Via auditing ensure compliance is being met by NTS staff, supply chain and Contractors to required standards
- Track and ensure actions are closed out suitably
- Assist the Technical Assurance Lead Manager in the continued improvement to the MS
- Provide technical support to team leaders, Managers and Functional Heads on all Technical Matters
- Provide a credible interface and represent the Technical Assurance Department at meetings with Customers, Professional Bodies e.g. Chamber of Shipping, RSSB, NR, other FOCs. Feeding back results to Colleagues & other Departments as necessary
- Produce communications with the aim of continually improving the communication of key topics and risks
- Provide input to procurement/contract specifications
- Maintain good technical knowledge and good practice in the Nuclear Rail/Shipping Industry.
- Live the following guiding culture principles:
- Freedom – will create an environment where our people have the freedom to perform.
- Helpfulness – will work together to help each other and our customers.
- Drive – be confident, curious and innovative
- HNC in appropriate technical qualification (Minimum)
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of relevant technical Requirements (Essential)
- Demonstrable ability to work across and build effective relationships with all key stakeholders across NTS functions and suppliers (Essential)
- Experience in investigation including root cause analysis (Desirable)
- Proven experience of engaging effectively with stakeholders on technical matters (Desirable)
- Knowledge of improving processes, and driving performance (Desirable)
- Ability to interpret data and analysis trends to drive performance (Desirable)