Mechanical Systems Engineer
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £55.00 per hour Umbrella Company (DOE)
Industry – Nuclear / Mechanical Handling / Special Purpose Machinery
Duration – 12 Months +
Hours – Typically 37.5 hours per week
Location – Warrington, Cheshire
Determination – Inside IR35
Title: Submarine Dismantling Project
Phase of the project:
Experience of coming out of / resolving Conceptual issues
Experience of Engineering Design – Up to frozen Ref. design maturity
• Concept / Engineering Design
• SL it is called Preliminary / Detailed Design
Needs to be someone who can think about how to solve problems rather than detailing.
Structure / size / scale / longevity:
Critical date of going live in 2025.
Role will endure throughout the lifecycle of the project to handover in 2025.
• 2 dominant disciplines – Civil and Mechanical
Types of Mechanical Engineering:
• Mechanical Handling
• Special Purpose Machinery
System Engineering Specific:
• Join a small (temp) systems engineering team to then take over.
• Requirements management from concept through to handover
o Success criteria etc…
• Functional Design Management
o Lifecycle management
o Complexity and uncertainty management
• Software experience (advantage
o Cradle – desirable
o Others – ok
o This role requires someone to own and deliver and know how what is produced feeds into a safety led engineering design process.
o Project @ Rosyth
o Majority of team at Dalton Avenue / Agile
o Teams also located in Bristol, Newbury, Rosyth
o There will be a requirement for some visits to Warrington and Rosyth
o NNPPI (British national with SC clearance)