Snr Mechanical Design Engineer – Marine – Remote/Devonport – 12 months
Client – Babcock Marine
Rate – Up to £55 per hour (Umbrella)
IR35 Status – INSIDE IR35
Hours per Week – 37 hours
Contract Length – 12 month+ Contract
Location – Remote working with occasional site visits to Devonport Royal Dockyard
Security Clearance Required – SC Security Clearance (client will sponsor)
Main Purpose of Role
The primary purpose of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is to assist and support the Lead Design Engineers in the delivery of project scope. For this role there is also specific focus attributed to the design effort required to support the removal of the Neutron Support Container (NSC) from the defuel process, however it is appreciated that the incumbent should possess appropriate transferable skills which can be utilised in other design management functions. Therefore the following credentials are expected.
- Give support to planning and scheduling of project activities.
- Complete work packages including the update of documentations and CAD drawings incorporating changes and checking the outputs are aligned and consistent with the design intent.
- Process and issue documentation and drawings as coherent packages.
- Maintaining the project registers and checking that the correct versions are available
- Prepare work packages for design review and handover
- Check and maintain lifetime records
- Write reports and close out technical queries and data requests.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate must have;
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g. civil works, mechanical handling, mechanical or electrical systems / services.
- Have effective writing and presentation skills
- A proven track record in completing work packages in a highly regulated environment.
- The ability to follow an engineering process and maintain accurate records and document/drawing revision control.
- Experience in packaging work for others, monitoring that delegated work would be desirable.
- An HNC and significant Mechanical engineering experience is the minimum requirement.
- Preferentially, but not mandatory, the candidate will have a degree or equivalent in an engineering related discipline.
Preferably Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.