SAP Architect – Marine/Nuclear – Hampshire/Remote – 12 months+ INSIDE
Client – Babcock Marine
Rate – Up to £755 per day (Umbrella)
IR35 Status – INSIDE IR35
Hours per Week – 40 hours
Contract Length – 12 month Contract
Location – Remote working with one day per week on site in Portsmouth, Hampshire
Security Clearance Required – SC Security Clearance (client will sponsor)
The SAP Procurement & Supply Chain Architect Contractor is a crucial role in the SAP (Neptune) organisation and is accountable for the solution/service design, configuration and support services of the SAP Procurement & Supply Chain modules, systems, solutions, and integration.
The SAP P&SC Architect is also responsible for the line management of the SAP Procurement & Supply Chain team (including MM, Ariba, SCP, PP, WM, Inventory and MRP).
Working closely with the Head of SAP, SAP Project Managers, and the Business Process Leads /Owners to ensure delivery of the Neptune (SAP) Programme, Projects/Changes and Service to our customers.
- Proven Architect experience of design, configuration, of SAP P&SC area, including Materials Mgt, Supply Chain Planning, Production Planning, Warehouse Mgt, Inventory, MRP and related modules / areas.
- Expert understanding of configuration dependencies and integration points between separate functional modules of SAP P&SC and the related SAP modules SAP/Babcock systems.
- Delivers line management / leadership to ensure the SAP Procurement & Supply Chain team cohesion, sufficiently resourced based on Projects/Changes within the pipeline, individual performance/development, and incident resolution aligned to agreed SLA’s
- Leads regular team and business meetings to review service, project reviews and change management within the area of SAP P&SC area
- Ensures the SAP P&SC team adheres to all IT / SAP governance and processes
- Member of the Neptune (SAP) Solution Architect/Design Team and Change Control Board to ensure all changes are reviewed against solution design and the current Programme and Change plan for SAP P&SC
- Expert solution architect in design, configuration, support and business process knowledge of SAP Procurement & Supply Chain area
- Manages the delivery of solution design, configuration, and support of the business processes in SAP
- Leads relevant Changes/Transport approval as part of the SAP Transport Management process.
- Leads in the review and impact assessment of all project/change requests to ensure business requirements are assessed against current Neptune (SAP) template and SAP Standard
- Ensures all Business Processes, Functional specification, Technical specifications, Test scripts and Training documentation are created, review and version controlled.
- Ensure compliance to existing standards, and development of required data and reporting standards.
- Ensure the integrity of the SAP P&SC configuration in the SAP systems across multiple landscapes.
- Ensures the SAP P&SC Team; Solution Leads, Functional and Support Analysts (where applicable) deliver changes to the solution to the best practice configuration skills.
- Assist Solution Leads and Functional Analysts with responding to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modeling.
- Conduct configuration changes to accommodate projects, change requests and proactively lead continuous improvements
- Lead and demonstrate proof of concept activities
- Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality.
- Work with and assist, SAP Functional and Support analysts to facilitate incident & problem resolution.
- Work with SAP and relevant third parties to resolve software issues.
- Lead the SAP P&SC team on all SAP releases, upgrades, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research, assessments and make recommendations
- When required work with the Solution Leads, Functional or Support Analysts team to perform break/fix analysis and recommend solutions for incidents in SAP P&SC related processes.
- Expert experience of the business processes and how the application supports the processes
- Understands and applies Babcock methodologies and procedures.
- Ensure all Technical, Configuration and process documentation is up to date and valid. Where required complete regular reviews with the SAP P&SC team and Business Process owners.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A university degree or relevant experience in Procurement & Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience of SAP P&SC (including Materials Mgt, Production Planning, Supply Chain Planning, Warehouse Mgt, Inventory and MRP) design, configuration, and programme/project delivery.
- Proven experience of large SAP Programmes and successful delivery
- Experience in Line / Team Management and Leadership
- Excellent understanding of business processes and integrations within SAP Procurement and Supply Chain related solutions required to deliver the service.
- Integration experience with SAP P&SC and related SAP modules/third party solutions
- Ability to lead and manage teams including permanent, contract and third party employees
- Experience of working with large SAP Programmes, Changes or SAP System Integrator
- Proven experience of IT Governance and Leadership
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Management of reporting and change programmes/projects
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience as a consultant or customer facing experiences (Internal or External).
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Experience working in an environment where negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills are required.
- To lead on continuous improvement of the current solution.
- Focus on delivering customer service and quality solutions.
- SAP Certified MM & Ariba
- Excellent experience in Production Planning and Warehouse Mgt
- Exposure to ITIL Framework.