EC&I Technician – Nuclear – Berkshire – 6 months INSIDE IR35
Client – Cavendish Nuclear / Babcock
Rate – Up to £32.50 per hour (Umbrella) and £40 per DIEM for contractors working away from home
IR35 Status – INSIDE IR35
Hours per fortnight – 126 hours per fortnight. Shift work – 11 days on, 3 days off.
Hours per day: 11.5 hours per day
Contract Length – 6 month Contract
Location – Reading, Berkshire
Security Clearance Required – BPSS / SC Security Clearance (Client will sponsor) / CSCS Card
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning and preparation of works including production of RAMS.
- Carry out work in accordance with the work packs and best practice and applicable trade/legal standards.
- Comply with any health and safety requirements of the work pack or work area.
- Carry out safety and behavioural observation.
- Comply with quality requirements of the work pack.
- Not proceed past a hold point.
- Report any defects, damage, safety hazards or other problems to their line manager.
- Any other task/duties, commensurate with the Role Holder’s competency, as directed by the Line Manager.
Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation. Specific details listed below:
- Tray, conduit and Trunking installation
- Cable pulling including forming and looming.
- Glanding and terminating and identification of cables and cores in accordance with cable cards
- Testing for Dead
- Inspection and testing of installations (Dead tests and Live testing)
- Earthing and Bonding
- Panel Installation
- Installation of electrical devices and Instrumentation in accordance with RAMS
- Wiring 3Phase motors and Isolators
- Emergency Stop Circuits
- Fibre Installation (preferred)
- Profibus Installation (preferred)
- Assistance with Setting to Work/Commissioning (preferred)
- Level 3 Qualification (e.g. Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship) appropriate to their trade.
- ECS Card relevant to qualifications and role – Mandatory for access to site
- BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations (latest edition)
Security Clearance Requirements
- SC or DV is Mandatory for access to site. Client are able to get contractors started on BPSS due to urgent requirement