CE&I Interation Engineer/s
Job Description :
The role is a CE&I Integration and Assurance Engineer within the Box Encapsulation Plant (BEP) Project Intelligent Customer Team.
This role within Project Delivery Directorate requires the role holder to be SQEP as Designer. The candidate will be required to become part of a team of CE&I Engineers discharging Sellafield Ltd’s Employer (NEC3) and IC duties in day to day oversight of engineering delivery produced by CE&I engineers from the EPCC Contractor, in addition to contributing to an in house design team self-delivering critical path engineering packages within the supply chain.
The role holder will be required to provide CE&I design support to the construction, installation and commissioning activities on the plant, working closely with the associated site based engineering teams. This will also require the role holder to work closely with the Sellafield Ltd Intelligent Customer Engineers and the other Integration and Assurance Engineers within the BEP Intelligent Customer team, across all project areas covering site based support all CE&I aspects of the BEP plant.
The role will support the project throughout all the delivery phases of design, procurement, construction, commissioning and beyond into active operational ramp up of the plant. The role holder will:
• Report directly to the CE&I Responsible Engineer in the act of discharging the role of Design Intelligent Customer.
• Provide appropriate independent governance, oversight and strategic control for the scrutiny of engineering design and design delivery across multiple work packages / systems on the BEP project.
• Provide package / system specific support to the Intelligent Customer Engineers.
• Provide on site support to the delivery of CE&I design and Intelligent Customer oversight
Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Experience on plant process control systems with PLC/SCADA or equivalent architectures.
• Knowledge of PES/Software lifecycle and supporting design and test documentation.
• Knowledge of Concise and how it is applied and managed throughout the design process.
• Engineer will be required to provide technical support during design close out, installation and commissioning.
• Support to FOB process and development of engineering solutions with the JV contractor.
• Knowledge of CE Marking and Machinery Risk Assessments
• Understanding of contractual practices and arrangements, NEC3 contract or other similar arrangement experience preferred.
• Will be required to supervise/manage a number of SL/DSA resource in the delivery of tasks to support the completion of delivery contracts and future commissioning activities.
See also Essential Skills below;
• SQEP as Designer against SR0754 or equivalent experience.
• Experience in managing a design team of in-house and supply chain design engineers
• Demonstrable experience of delivering previous significant/major projects through all phases of design delivery and support through to finalised delivery of operating plants.
• Demonstrable background in delivery of major engineering projects, with areas of experience in mechanical handling and process instrumentation design essential.
• Understanding of NEC3, Works Information and performing the role of Employer.
• Engineer would be required to respond to Early Warning Notifications, Project Manager Instructions, Compensation Events and other similar communications.
• Fulfil role of ‘Designer’ under the CDM Regulations
• Understanding of the SL design process related practices and experience (preferably at all stages of design lifecycle, concept and front end through to detail design and manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning).
• Awareness of relevant national and international codes, specifications, standards and legislation relevant to CE&I design.
• Working level understanding of relevant legislation and CE Marking
• Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with engineering and project management departments in both Sellafield and the JV contractor organisations.
• Knowledge of the Sellafield Ltd Management System (SLMS).
• Pragmatic approach to problem solving and ability to apply ‘Engineering Fit for Purpose Judgement’ where appropriate.
• Must be prepared to provide multiple site attendance at short notice to respond to high priority issues, including Cumbria and the north east.
• Commitment to challenging practices and designs to ensure fit for purpose design delivery.
• Commitment to working collaboratively with a number of different stakeholders, including EPC contractor, DSA, Construction Team, Commissioning Team, Pre Operations Team etc
• Professional registration to CEng
• Minimum HNC Engineering (CE&I).