Materials Maintenance Planner
Coordinate the materials required for planned maintenance and reactive tasks ensuring that materials are technically fit for purpose, the required quality and obtained in a timely and cost effective manner.
1. Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company’s cost, time and quality requirements
2. Identify Parts for a specific list of infrastructure assets for materials to be held in stock defining technical characteristics and the required control levels.
3. Liaise with all relevant stakeholders required to ensure correct identification of Parts including Material Planners, Engineering Specialists, Technical Authors, Babcock Technical Information Library and possibly Original Equipment Manufacturers.
4. Categorise parts as either Planned Maintenance or Reactive Maintenance Parts; this will determine if to be held as Inventory Parts or Non-Inventory Parts.
5. Once Parts are correctly identified and categorised, liaise with Central Parts numbering team to get parts numbered and loaded onto the system.
6. Interface with Procurement to ensure that Supplier to Part relationships are developed and that Inventory Parts are systematically linked to Purchase Parts.
What knowledge, training and experience is required to do the job e.g. knowledge of systems, processes, operational or soft skills etc.?
Enterprise Resource Planning
Material planning procedures and processes
MoD Logistics processes and procedures (ISIS, BR320, WITS and CRISP)
Business Processes (HR, Finance, Commercial).
Planning and Project management.
Process Improvement techniques.
Qualification/Licence Name Validation Period Core
HNC in Engineering/Planning or Equivalent