SQA Engineer | Multiple Roles | 9-Month Contract | Automotive
Role: SQA Engineer
Rate: £40 – £45 per hour (Inside IR35) DOE
Location: Surrey (Hybrid working between site, client site & home working)
Essential Skills: Supplier Quality experience; experience of leading suppliers through new model launches; PPAP, MSA, APQP, FMEA experience; Experience with manufacturing processes; Automotive industry experience
- Ensure new supplier site Sourcing is well researched to build and maintain a competent supply base
- Support Supplier selection & development processes to achieve a self-sufficient supply base IATF 16949. Ensure Non IATF16949 suppliers deliver their certification qualification to the approved nomination plan.
- Support the implementation of APQP for all new tooled parts
- Support Robust Manufacturing Feasibility strategy deployment and reviews
- Ensure that allocated suppliers meet launch / delivery commitments in line with APQP
- Drive Supplier / Part Risk Assessments and develop risk mitigation actions.?
- Identify Critical suppliers / parts that require full cross functional team engagement with the supplier.
- Provide supplier progress reporting to Purchasing and SQA Program team for: APQP open issues, PPAP part pedigree prior to each build phase and PPAP delivery forecast / actual confirmation.
- Track and manage PPAP part approval to agreed delivery plan.
- Technical Engineering qualified to Degree standard, or equivalent experience.
- Must have previous experience in SQA, including multiple new model launches.
- Experience of leading suppliers through new model launches
- Have a working understanding of: PPAP, MSA, APQP, FMEA, SPC,
- Demonstrated structured approach to Problem Solving (8D)
- Practical use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP and CATIA