Hardware Electronics Engineer – Maritime – Somerset / Hybrid working
Rate – Up to £55 per hour (depending on experience)
Contract Length – 6 months
An opportunity has arisen for a skilled and broadly experienced electronics design engineer to join the engineering team at a world leader in marine electronic navigation systems.
As hardware platforms evolve to encompass leading edge technologies, our client have a requirement for an additional electronics engineer, focussed on providing additional strength in hardware and associated firmware/software development.
You will have a demonstrably strong track record in the design and development of electronic products, with a particular emphasis on embedded devices including driver and system control software.
In addition, you should ideally have at least 8 years’ experience of “full lifecycle” design of complete embedded systems in the automotive or marine electronics sectors.
Skills, Experience & Qualities required:
Duties will include:
- Detailed analogue, digital and power supply circuit design.
- Evaluation testing and improvement of designs.
- Collaboration with our mechanical designers in the design of mechanical enclosure solutions.
- Hardware level software development for embedded systems in C or C++ (C++ preferred).
- Participate in peer reviews providing constructive input to improve designs.
- Complete required project documentation.
- Collaborate with and closely integrate design work with other specialist disciplines.
Broad technical knowledge is required in many or all of the following domains:
- Design of digital electronics including embedded microprocessors (e.g, ARM, STM32, PIC)
- Design of industrial control & data interfaces (RS422, CAN, USB, WiFi, ADC, DAC)
- Design of low power switch-mode power supplies
- PCB layout techniques for power supply and EMC performance
- Design for manufacture and test suitable for medium production volumes
All the following personal attributes are required:
- Self-starter with motivation to achieve demanding technical and project targets.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong interfacing and team-working skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills