Principal Civil Structural Engineer
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Position – Principal Civil Structural Engineer (Moorings)
Type – Contract
Rate – Circa £55.00 per hour Umbrella Co (DOE)
Hours – Typically 38 hours per week
Duration – 12 Months +
Location – Devonport, Plymouth / Remote
Start Date – ASAP ?
Security – UK SC Security Clearance Must Be In Place
Industry – Defence / Marine / Engineering
Determination – Inside IR35
Provide leadership in the delivery of engineering and technical activities through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Ensure effective management of multi discipline teams to ensure timely & efficient delivery of engineering work to meet customer agreed scope.
2. Ensure effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
3. Ensure technical management of the engineering output to ensure delivery of technical solutions in line with agreed technical scope.
4. Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours.
5. Manage resource demands and development of capability skills to match needs of future workload and coach and mentor members of the team
6. Ensure project and technical audits and review are planned & executed in order to impart learning and experience as appropriate and in line with agreed standards.
7. Maintain knowledge of Industry best practice, promote a culture of engineering best practice and provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change.
8. Support business development opportunities in raising the client profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams. -operation across Engineering and other functional teams
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This is the level for an experienced engineer working as a subject matter expert in a specialist subject area (eg an engineering sub function).
Understands concepts and principles, shapes, designs, developments and determines a solution to functional issues personally undertakes the most complex work within the subject area. Extends their business knowledge base in the subject area.
Provides help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development, provides coaching and assistance to others.
Typically, Chartered Engineer status and member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
They shall also have an Engineering degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience.