Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer – Magnetic Resonance
Do you want to be a part of an exciting scientific company, developing cutting edge technology?
My client are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team in Abingdon.
Primary purpose for this role-
Reporting to the CTO, you will be developing and supporting software applications and drivers for a range of products and instrumentation, whilst being technically responsible for ensuring projects meet internal and external customer requirements.
Alongside this, you will ensure code repositories and project documentation are up to date, and provide technical support during the installation and operation of end-user systems.
- Working within an Agile team to develop high quality functionality to agreed specifications and timescales.
- Take responsibility for technical solutions within specific projects and set up and participate in design reviews.
- Provide and update appropriate documentation that facilities others to further develop or maintain the software and systems that you produce and enables your internal customers to do their work.
- Provide “go to” expertise on specific areas of experience, and input to the architectural design process.
- Plan, estimate, prioritise and manage own work and work closely with other team members to achieve integrated solutions consistent with project milestones.
- Maintain an understanding of the concepts, techniques and requirements of your role. Keep up with trends in your field as well as your specific job area and maintain a good working knowledge of this organisation.
- Commit to continuing personal development and developing your understanding of your customer base, products and applications.
- Software Engineering / Scientific Degree.
- Physics/Materials Science degree OR Computing Degree with Physics background.
- Significant experience in ARM based software developments using C / C++ and C#.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with tools such as CMake.
- Experience with GIT (or other source code control system), a bug or issue tracking system, debuggers.
- Experience of developing Software Applications / Systems.
- Database interaction / SQL queries.
- Cloud infrastructure (e.g. Azure or AWS)
- Excellent organisational, communication and team working skills.
- Structured approach to problem solving, whilst being methodical and having attention to detail.
- Familiar with project management techniques and practice.