Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
We are looking for a Firmware Engineer to join our highly skilled R&D team. You will work alongside the technical director, other firmware engineers and the R&D team to create high quality firmware to enable our products to be the best in the industry.
What You’ll Do:
• Contribute to the specification and design of the firmware
• Design, write, test and revision firmware
• Maintain the code base, documentation, and tools to build the firmware
• Fault find and assist in fault finding when related to firmware issues or interactions with firmware and other systems
• Be part of the collective R&D brain in identifying new ways and technologies that are useful to the product and operation
You Will Have:
• Qualification in electronics engineering and/or software engineering or equivalent and/or able to demonstrate a good understanding and skills of the job
• Practical knowledge and experience in writing real time firmware in C in a commercial environment
• Practical knowledge and experience in writing unit test code and test procedures
• Practical knowledge and experience in the use and setup of development tools such as TFS or GitHub
• Good verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical team members
• Firmware design from specifications
• Design, write, test and revision real time firmware in C
• The use of test equipment
• Ability to read circuit diagrams
• Microsoft office tools.
• Commercial experience with microchip processors like the PicMz, PicMx, DsPic and Microchip tool chain
• Experience writing firmware for USB, CAN and / or Ethernet communication
• Understanding of the entertainment lighting and media industry.