Maintenance Technician (Mechanical / Electrical)
Purpose of the Job
Support, maintain and improve production equipment to maximise manufacturing availability.
1. To maintain production equipment to ensure maximum uptime target of ?95% availability.
2. To promptly identify root cause of equipment failure and implement subsequent repair.
3. To manage an existing Planned Maintenance system, perform tasks to predetermined schedule, identifying potential operator owned tasks to sustain process uptime & maximise capacity.
4. To manage PM system & calibration of production ATE systems.
5. To manage gas regulator servicing and repair.
6. To identify & ensure sufficient spares are available to provide adequate response time regarding component failure
7. To specify and implement improvements to the production process or equipment to achieve cost, productivity or quality benefits.
8. To ensure process, equipment and ergonomic risk assessments are completed where necessary.
9. Ensuring timely completion of HSE actions
10. To write technical documents to define procedures, including cell maintenance instructions including defining of TPM schedules
11. To liaise with identified external partners/vendors regarding technical aspects of production equipment and spares.
12. To design or detail necessary jigs and fixtures.
13. Ensuring timely completion of Kaizen ideas
• Manufacturing / Quality Engineers
• Vendors regarding technical information, spares & repairs
• Tool-makers regarding spares
Portsmouth – Travel for training / supplier visits only, as required
VI. Key Performance Measures
• Production uptime
• Equipment Roll Through Yield
• HSE action rail
• Kaizen idea action rail
• Shift hours will be rotating Early and Lates: Monday to Friday (total 37 hrs/wk)
Education Required (academic and/or technical education)
• Literacy and Numeracy.
• A broad range of qualifications may be acceptable; however, it is envisaged that there should be a sound Engineering background with a demonstrable ability, ideally supported by a recognised Mechanical or Electrical apprenticeship. An ONC/HNC in an Engineering discipline would be advantageous.
• Computer literate – experience with MS Office.
• Electrical installation qualification to a Minimum of 17th Edition desirable.
Work Experience Required (area and length of experience)
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a medium to high volume production environment will be required.
III. Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required (specific skills and knowledge required for the position)
• Practical experience with a hands-on and methodical approach to mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis/analysis with the ability to use diagnostic tools/equipment.
• The ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external suppliers both on technical matters and general levels
• Proven working knowledge of assembly automation including diagnosing pneumatic system logic
• Previous experience of installation/testing, & fault finding of electrical systems and Experience of PLC program and control system interrogation would be an advantageous.
• Essential to be a team player.
• Ability to gain assistance from fellow employees
• Organisational skills required.
• Open minded / flexible / adaptable.
• Good timekeeper / reliable.
• Proactive in HSE
Pay Rate – £20 – £25 per hour PAYE dependant on level of experience needed