Assembly & Test Technician
We are looking for individuals with a technical background for our AERO division on site in Basingstoke. At this site we repair aircraft equipment for many of the Aerospace industries biggest companies. The equipment we repair includes computers, cockpit displays, navigation systems, radio systems, gyrocompasses and many other critical electronic components fitted to aircraft.
Aircraft operators send equipment to our repair facility in Basingstoke when they require Repair, Modification or Recertification.
Successful candidate would be required to:
• Work in a team of over 50 technicians to perform maintenance and repair of aircraft equipment.
• Follow specific repair instructions to evaluate, test, troubleshoot and repair aircraft equipment within customer expected turnaround time.
• Accurately record, using our computer database system, all actions taken to repair and test the items they have worked on.
• Fault Find, Test and Repair Electronic equipment by applying general technical concepts, principles, practices and techniques.
• May use mathematics involving calculation of percentages, ratios & simple, preset formulas/instruction.
• Reads & comprehends procedure manuals/routine business correspondence/basic technical information.
• Orders & replaces supplies/ equipment/parts. May include preparation & sending of supplies, equipment or parts to an external customer.
• Ability to use a database system to accurately record maintenance activities.
• Works with leader to plan & schedule own work
• Asks questions and learns about Honeywell products and processes.
• Communicates competently in one-on-one discussions.
ADDITIONAL (Optional) SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Use a Circuit Diagram to fault find – Guideline is training in technical discipline generally obtained through HNC, ONC, C&G or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to use standard bench equipment in fault evaluation.
• Basic word processing database, spreadsheet and/or machine operation applications. Able to access multiple systems.
• Demonstrates continuous learning gained through a variety of sources such as professional associations, certifications, etc
• Previous experience of working within the aerospace sector would be an advantage, but is not essential.
• History of working in an environment repairing and testing complex electronic equipment to tight deadlines.
• History of working in an environment where candidate had to record details of all service work performed.
• Experience of the use of test equipment (e.g. Multimeter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyser) would be an advantage.
• ONC or HNC qualification preferred (or equivalent). Relevant work experience will be considered where there is no formal education.
• Candidates without formal qualifications to ONC levels will be considered if they have GCSE equivalent qualifications C grade or above in 3 or more STEM subjects and can demonstrate PC literacy.