Software Engineering Manager
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead software delivery teams across a range of projects, operating systems and development environments, predominantly working on Aerospace and Avionics projects, this is an excellent opportunity for an individual to be at the forefront of progression for a world leading Defence and Aerospace company.
- Day to day management of a software delivery team, including task assignment for team members
- Planning and estimating software tasks
- Production of software documentation e.g. Software Development Plans, Verification Plans, Release Plans
- Monitoring delivery progress and reporting to the Project Manager / Work Package Manager
- Working closely with the Software Discipline Lead to identify resourcing requirements, including supporting and developing team members
- Working closely with the Systems Engineering Manager to ensure software is delivered against project requirements
- Software Standards: RTCA – DO-178B-C, DO-330, DO-331, DO-33
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Previous experience of Software Engineering Management
- A record of accomplishment of delivering software packages to schedule and budget.
- Experience of Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experienced in Requirement analysis, Design, Coding, Testing & Configuration management,
- Experienced in SW Planning and Release
- Experienced in Real-Time embedded systems & software in Development and Testing
- Use of configuration management and change management tools e.g. Jira, GIT, BitBucket
- Ability to undertake development activities using Java / C / C++
- Experience of continuous integration tools, Jenkins
- People management experience
The company are a global technology leader with more than 80,000 employees on five continents. Investing in digital and Tech” innovations – Big Data, artificial intelligence, connectivity, cybersecurity and quantum technology. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team focused on the development, delivery and support of products and programmes to a wide variety of customers in the aerospace sector; covering both the Civil and Military domains.
You must be eligible for SC Clearance to apply for this role
Contact Dylan Wagster and RTRS for more information