Senior ILS Engineer
As the Senior ILS Engineer you will be a key member of the engineering team, providing supportability and support solutions advice and documentation to projects, marketing and development. This is an important role within the organisation as with extensive experience in the Defence and Aerospace industry and exposure to complex, long-term MoD projects and delivery, the Senior ILS Engineer will ensure that the Company remains in the forefront of the UK’s Defence Industry capability.
- To design, develop and document ILS solutions for new and existing Projects and Products, Bids & Proposals to the customer including, but not limited to:
- Availability, Maintainability, Reliability (ARM) analysis and modelling (maintenance task and repair analysis, FTA, FMEA, RBD, MTA, Robustness Growth, Packaging, Handling Storage and Transportation (PHS&T) etc.).
- Through-Life Cost modelling.
- Planning and implementation of ILS.
- In-Service Support (ISS) and availability-based ISS planning and execution.
- Contracted Logistic Support (CLS) planning and execution.
- ILS performance metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
- To define coherent obsolescence management strategies across the company’s portfolio of projects and prepare obsolescence management plans.
- Develop and manage technical publications and ensure that technical publications are aligned, e.g. procedural publications with training publications; • Complete risk analysis, planning and management.
- Provide Safety analysis, planning and management
- Training Needs Analysis, plans and management
- Provide ILS input to System Requirements Specifications and System Design Specifications.
- Identify, introduce and maintain appropriate, modern ILS software tools to support analysis and modelling and enhance the company’s ability to deliver comprehensive ILS solutions.
- Ensure that relevant and/or compulsory standards are implemented and adhered to (e.g. DefStan 00-40, 00-251, 00-600, DLF, ASD/AIA-series standards) and that international best practice is applied.
- Extensive experience in the UK Defence & Aerospace industry.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and deliver to challenging timescales within a small team environment.
- Commitment to quality, performance and cost, delivering on-time with the highest standard of output.
- Proven experience with all aspects of ILS;
- Ability to travel between work sites (Chertsey and Portland) for extended periods when required.
- An ability to challenge design concepts and trade requirements, in order to optimise support
- Good computer and literacy skills.
You must be eligible for UK Security Clearance
Get in touch with Dylan Wagster at RTRS for more information