Electrical Technician – Nuclear/Power – Hinkley – 12 month INSIDE IR35
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Client – Cavendish Nuclear
Industry – Nuclear / Engineering
Day Rate – Up to £26 per hour (DOE) Umbrella (INSIDE IR35)
Length – 12 month contract
Location – Hinkley Point B, Somerset
Security Clearance – Current CTC Security Clearance
Great opportunity for an Electrical Technician looking to work on a prestigious energy project at Hinkley Point B in Somerset. The station was the first Advanced Gas-cooled Reactor to generate electricity to the grid in the UK. Since 1976 Hinkley Point B has generated low carbon electricity for 81 million homes and will soon be transitioning to the defueling stage of its lifecycle which will provide many years of challenging but awarding projects for the right candidate.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The main purpose of the role is to undertake installation, commissioning and maintenance activities in accordance with best practice and legal standards.
- You will be given a schedule of works to be completed and this could include anything from basic fault finding to the installation of an electrical control panel.
- Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to; participation in planning and preparation of works, ensure health & safety standards are met, carrying out work in accordance to the work plan.
- To participate in the planning and preparation of works.
- To carry out work in accordance with the work packs and best practice and applicable trade/legal standards.
- To comply with any health and safety requirements of the work pack or work area.
- To carry out safety and behavioural observation.
- To comply with quality requirements of the work pack.
- To not proceed past a hold point.
- To report any defects, damage, safety hazards or other problems to their line manager.
- Any other task/duties, commensurate with the Role Holder’s competency, as directed by the Line Manager
Academic and Experience Requirements:
- Level 3 Qualification (e.g. Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship) appropriate to their trade.
- CCNSG Safety Passport.
- Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering