Senior Process Engineer
They are part of the FTSE 250 defence and engineering global organisation Babcock International, within this role you would be working within exciting large-scale nuclear design, manufacture and support projects.
We’re based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas. The business continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace; as a result we are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic and driven engineers.
• Working in accordance with the Being Cavendish Nuclear Principles.
• Ensuring that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
• Producing calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design base documentation and technical reports and supervising trainee staff in production of same.
• Supervising designers in the production of drawings and engineering models.
• Producing Technical Scopes of Work.
• Producing technical specifications, assessing tender returns and providing technical support to those packages throughout the design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning phases of the project to ensure that the Design Intent is maintained.
• Carrying out design risk assessments.
• Reviewing design changes.
• Assessing concessions and technical queries.
• Raising design quality plans for single discipline work packages.
• Preparing designs for hazard identification and HAZOP studies.
• Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying & Approval is undertaken on all their deliverables.
Role Qualifications & Requirements
• Engineering or Science degree qualified