I have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Test Engineer to join a global leader in maritime domain awareness, joining a close-knit delivery team.
This role would particularly suit a Test Engineer with a background in either Electronics, Software and/or communication.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The PA Test Engineer will work closely with the Project Team to understand the requirements, timelines and RAID items, then conduct analysis determining the test conditions and acceptance criteria. You will then produce suitable Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Schedules, set-up the Test Environment, execute the tests, raise and retest defects, report on test progress and completion and provide recommendations for improvements. The role requires a high degree of testing knowledge & expertise to ensure testing activity is completed to a high standard.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Familiarity with various testing techniques
- Good knowledge of the Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Manual & Automation test experience (i.e. using Python)
- Test Design, Planning & Estimation
- Embedded systems testing
- User Acceptance Test (UAT) experience
- Android & iOS testing on mobiles, tablets and laptops/PC’s
- Test Management Tool experience – loading & running tests, raising & retesting defects etc. in i.e. JIRA, Zephyr, SpiraTest or HP QC/ALM
- Requirements Traceability
- Handling electronics and mechanical components
- Use of electronic tools such as multimeters, data loggers
- Familiar with software version control (i.e. SVN, BitBucket etc.)
- Proficient in the use of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office tools
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Keen eye for details and an analytical mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Electronics and/or Communication (Desirable)
- ISEB/ISTQB certified or equivalent (desirable)