Senior EDS Engineer
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
The EDS team deliver all vehicle electronic/electrical systems including cable and electrical connectivity within the EDS discipline.
Support EDS project planning, agree and deliver program targets and deliverables. Support and support external resource planning.
Assist commercial engagement and support program deliverables to ensure program delivery on time and to plan. Working as the part of a small team reporting to the EDS Manager you will be required to lead all critical activities and provide weekly progress reports to the EDS Manager.
Continuous feedback for repeat issues which will impact new or repeat programs as part of a continuous improvement.
- Responsible for design delivery of Low voltage harness for all the vehicle electronics EDS technical deliverables (attributes, DVP, DFMEAs, Part Release,) of the project, in accordance with Development Process and ISO26262 requirements.
- Design LV electrical systems – specifically circuit design, wiring/fusing and electrical packaging.
- Engagement with program team and EDS manager to meet program deliverables.
- System/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.)
- Deliver DoR Against “EDS” budgets for the project, in collaboration with the EDS team and VLM (Vehicle Line Manager).
- Represent the “EDS” department within the project team. Present concerns and milestone achievements.
- Program launch – engineering and manufacturing support.
- Support external supplier engagement and governance
- Support UK and overseas whole vehicle and component testing.
- Task tracking – Weekly program status report
- Experience within the automotive industry or similar domain experience
- Electronics/Electrical/EDS design deliverable awareness within automotive sector.
- Body/Chassis and Software/Hardware project management experience for automotive applications.
- Supplier management experience.
- Automotive EDS knowledge and experience for complete wire harness design process
- Good understanding of harness DVP
- Familiar with wire harness rework and supporting development phases
- CatiaV5 Electrical harness tools – Desirable
- Arcadia – Harness and schematic design – Desirable
- Mentor graphics – Capital – Vesys, Zuken E3, or industry relevant alternative with proven experience -Desirable
- Vector -PREEvision -Desirable
- SAP – Component management desirable. (Training will be given)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant electrical qualifications with 5 years’ electrical design experience.