Engineer – Embedded Software
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Excellent opportunity within the automotive sector – this role is based at the IDIADA site in the Barcelona area (Spain).
Purpose of Role
You will be involved in all core functional domains of high-performance products, such as Hybrid Powertrain, Transmission, Chassis, Cooling and Body control systems, offering a great opportunity of personal and technical development.
The work involves cutting-edge E/E platform technologies (Classical AUTOSAR 4.3, Infineon Aurix Tricore), with a complex scope touching Functional Safety (up to ISO-26262 ASIL-D ASW and E2E), embedded networking (CAN, LIN and Ethernet stack configuration), diagnostics (DoIP) and flash bootloader, Cybersecurity, optimisation (memory, task scheduling, multicore), memory partitioning, logging and calibration (XCP) and time synchronisation (TSN).
- Reporting to the Principal Engineer – Embedded Software, the Engineer – Embedded Software will work on all aspects to define, design, and deliver an embedded software platform for AUTOSAR electronic control units.
- Develop and configure AUTOSAR BSW embedded software.
- Develop complex device drivers.
- Integration of third-party components and supporting the in-house continuous integration toolchain.
- Promote good software practice to ensure reliable, maintainable and safe code.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver software components
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree level education in a relevant Engineering discipline – electronic, software, automotive etc. with a 2:1 or above
- Experienced in embedded C programming.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an automotive Tier 1 or OEM developing and integrating all aspects of embedded real-time AUTOSAR basic software.
- Familiar with the V-model software development process and version control and configuration management
- Knowledge of coding guidelines for safe and secure application such as MISRA C.
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS
- Good knowledge of Infineon AURIX processors and Vector MICROSAR software
- Personal Attributes
- Passion for software, electronics and automotive control systems.
- Technical mindset with the ability to work from fundamental engineering principles
- Conscientious with excellent attention to detail for quality, reliability and safety
- Self-motivated, pro-active in anticipating & addressing potential problems, willingness to learn and develop
- Proven personal & team workload management skills Collaborative, working effectively across teams & departments to deliver on time & to quality.
- Collaborative, working effectively across teams & departments to deliver on time & to quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work in a high paced environment with flexible attitude to working hours/ business trips