Test Development Engineer
We have an opportunity for a Test Development Engineer to join a well established Defence company, you will be tasked with the development and design of test solutions for new electronic products as they are developed and brought into production and supporting the engineering department when designing products that are optimized for ease of testing.
This role will suit an individual with hands on experience of designing and developing test equipment which will then be used.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Providing cost estimates for the development of test equipment that will be required for a new product during the bid process.
- Taking an active role in the design for test activities ensuring that new designs can be successfully tested.
- Identifying the most efficient and cost effective test solution for testing products both in production and Qualification phase of a products development and introduction into production.
- Designing the test facility and production of the documentation so that it can be manufactured & tested efficiently.
- Supporting the manufacture of the test facility.
- Development of any Test software / firmware that is required for the test facility.
- Commissioning of the test facility including identifying and producing calibration procedure when required.
- Developing Test procedures documentation, describing the procedure for using developed equipment to enable testing of the finished products during production and qualification activities.
- Be aware of and work within agreed project timescales and budgets.
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines to agree on the interfacing protocols regarding software development.
- Maintaining existing legacy Test equipment.
- Supporting Fault-finding of Products during production as required.
- Supporting off site test activities when required.
- Able to obtain and maintain SC clearance (required)
- Full driving license (desirable)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experienced in creating basic 2D mechanical drawings for test facilities.
- Experienced in creating basic electrical circuit drawing and wiring information for test boxes and cables.
- Understanding issues that arise with EMC Testing and experience with combating these.
- Able to generate consistent written instructions on how to perform a test.
- Able to develop automated test programs using National Instruments TestStand and CVI or LabView (CVI an advantage)
- Experienced with using standard office tools (Word, Excel, Visio etc.).
- Flexible working, can work on their own as part of a small department or as part of a much larger Product team.
- Experience in testing products using JTAG test methods.
- Experience in testing RF products up to 20 GHz.
- Experience in testing digital FPGA based products.
- Experience of testing Ethernet interfaces, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS485 is an advantage.