Principal Systems Engineer
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
New Year New Role?
I am on the lookout for a highly skilled Systems Engineer to join a world class Aerospace and Defence company, focused on the development of combat aircrafts, this opportunity is extremely interesting and rewarding.
The Principal Systems Engineer will need to be a highly experienced systems engineer, familiar with working on large and complex systems within the defence industry, with a mind-set towards system-of-system (SoS) design and development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop conceptual architectures through to implementation for sensor management and sensor data exploitation.
- Work closely with sensor and communication technical specialist teams to:
- Define requirements and architectures for the integrated sensing suite.
- Design control mechanisms for elements of the integrated sensing suite.
- Develop and challenge system modelling and analysis approaches.
- Perform behavioural analysis and develop structural composition through modelling to demonstrate the effectiveness of architectures and control mechanisms.
- Define and influence system-level requirements, architectures and interface definitions, utilising the Systems Modelling Language (SysML) and MBSE methodologies.
- Continually assess system design, including the measure of effectiveness for compliance against user and system requirements, alongside key performance parameters.
- Work in an Agile way and collaboratively develop candidate architectures/solutions within MBSE processes across a multi-site team.
- Create formal specifications, reports and presentations for delivery to internal and external customers and industry partners.
- Travel within the UK to collaborate with other teams, meet with our customers and/or industry partners.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience working with high-performance RF / EO / IR sensor systems.
- Familiarity with use of SysML and MBSE modelling methodologies.
- Experience following recognised architectural frameworks and engineering processes.
- Strong proficiency in architecture and requirements generation and management.
- Experience in interface definition for complex systems.
- Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving design complexity and uncertainty.
- Good understanding of acceptance criteria relating to requirements and architecture sign-off at varying stages of maturity.
- Experience in mentoring team members on MBSE and supporting the development of architectural skills and techniques within a team.
- Experience of collaborating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable knowledge of sensor technology (e.g. EW, Radar, EO/IR) performance, operational capabilities, mission use (including methods for Integrated Sensing & Non-Kinetic Effects).
- Proficient in the use of Cameo Systems Modeler or an equivalent SysML based MBSE software package.
- Awareness and/or experience in managing and maintaining MBSE Configuration Control.
- Experience in the auto-generation of documentation from SysML models
If this looks like the role you’ve been waiting for, please get in touch ASAP!