We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Author to work in a close-knit team, the candidate will produce high quality technical publications for a wide variety of equipment to a varied customer base within the Defence sector.
If you have a background in ILS, Safety or Technical Publications, this could be the next role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Specifically, you will:
- Responsible for the production of Technical Documentation, both military and commercial.
- Provide accurate and concise progress reports on request.
- Work within budget and to a pre-defined delivery schedule.
- Communicating with engineers and SME’s, developing knowledge to create technical documentation.
- Collect, analyse and organise project source information.
- Engage with Customers to ensure expectation are met.
- Keep up to date with prevailing documentation standards and practices.
- Adhere to internal processes and procedures.
- May be expected to work on Customer premises, if required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Recognised technical qualification, preferably in Engineering.
- Proficient at using MS Office, including Project and Visio.
- Experience and knowledge using MS Word Templates and formatting of MS Word documents.
- Experience of CAD manipulation for the development of technical illustrations and knowledge transfer.
- Knowledge of Army Equipment Support Publications (AESPs), Air Publications (APs), S1000D, S2000M.
- Engineering / Military background or understanding is preferable.
- Knowledge of illustration software and techniques.
- Must obtain and hold a Security Clearance (SC) and be willing to hold (Developed Vetting) DV.