Role: Technical Writer
Contracting Authority: DSRL
Digital/Non-Digital – No
Contract Length: 1 year
Location: Thurso in office, small flex to work a Monday or Friday from home if not meetings are required onsite that week.
IR35: PAYE / Umbrella Only
Pay Rate to Candidate: £15.72 PAYE and £21.45 Umbrella
Strong experience as a technical writer / author
Nuclear background advantageous but regulated environment ok.
Security Clearance: SC, but someone can come in on BPSS
Drugs &Alcohol testing & DBS check –
Please note, the candidate MUST cover the cost for any Drugs &Alcohol testing, as well as a DBS check prior to starting onsite. The candidate will not be reimbursed for these fees, without these completed, the candidate will not be granted site access and their start date will have to be moved.
The Job Holder will be responsible for writing operating instructions and supporting compliance against relevant standards and statutory requirements.
• Liaise with stakeholders and undertake plant and system walk downs to assess the validity of maintenance and operating instructions.
• Create new maintenance procedures as required.
• Review and amend current maintenance procedures.
• Prepare operating instructions and implement physical document changes to existing documents on behalf of projects and facilities.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.