Role: Project Co-ordinator
Digital/Non Digital: NON
Contracting Authority: MOD
Contract Length: 10 months
Location: Andover HQ- Hybrid 2/3 days in office
Hourly Rate – £40-£50 per hour Umbrella
Supporting the project lead in delivery of the capability.
• Liaising with and working to the Programme Manager to ensure project integration with the programme.
• Supporting the Field Army as customer where required.
• Utilisation and exploitation of approved programme management IT tools and associated systems.
• Engagement with key stakeholders.
Key tasks and deliverables
• Development and production of project artefacts.
• Ownership and maintenance of project documentation (e.g. risk register).
• Assistance in the development of a capability roadmap.
• Staffing of project papers and provision of written updates.
• Liaison with organisations within Defence, Industry & international partners.
• Provision of evidence to support decision making by the Senior Responsible Owner (SRO).
• Provision of support for the administration and delivery of project working groups.
• Horizon-scanning for technologies/projects that could be linked to or integrated with the current ISTAR vision.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Accountable to the relevant Project Manager Developing; maintaining and documenting appropriate plans and controls for the project in line with the change lifecycle
Ensuring the appropriate governance disciplines are observed
Reviewing project and supplier documentation and plans to highlight any issues that may compromise delivery
Facilitating resolution of project issues and mitigation of project risks
Maintaining project documentation
Making a constructive contribution to project management processes
Produce project documentation
Manage issues; risks; dependencies; assumption and other controls
Arrange; prepare materials; facilitate; chair and document meetings
Monitor and report on progress
Manage project resources including staff; contractors and spend
Assure suppliers plans; project controls and progress reports
Manage QA processes
Demonstrate learnings achieved on the project
Track record of successful delivery in an equivalent role with equivalent level of responsibility in complex IT application projects
Knowledge of industry standard methods and tools
Experience of working successfully with IT supplier staff and representatives from business teams to delivery new systems
Experience of working successfully in large; complex organisations
Security Clearance: SC