Business Intelligence Application Engineer
Job Title – Business Intelligence Application Engineer
Pay Rate – between £25 – £28.50 p/h PAYE (dependent upon experience)
Location – Horsham, London
Start date – ASAP
Duration – 3 months +
A BI Application Engineer is a software oriented application engineer active in different domains within delivery and support activities, including customized development and deployment of applications within the Enacto private cloud.
• Architect data warehouse tables. Support on any BI related issues.
• To analyse specifications, developed by the technical product manager, for solution development.
• To add software elements to the existing software according to the solution that has to be developed.
• To define detailed data semantics, structure, access and communication standards taking into account the applied hardware and required functionality and performance requirements.
• To select and describe the algorithms for data processing
• To define how the product has to be implemented.
• To analyse any customer specifications when closely aligned with defined products or solutions.
BI Report customisation (to customise features and functionality within the BI report application)
• Reports that require acute application understanding for the customer to use
• Hierarchies – asset hierarchies and how devices are connected with assets and their relations
• Creating links between the different data so that the customer can pick and choose what they see in the reports
• Produce / Support the write-up of specific project documentation (internal/external)
• Responsible for technical design creation/validation for a given functional analysis
• Responsible to lead/control within a project team the development and testing according to agreed quality standards in order to deliver customised functionality in line with the project scope or change request scope
• Involved in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) support
• Customer training (includes documenting training guides for specific customisations)
• Execute remote and face-to-face training to our customers on analytical reporting
• In-house knowledge transfers to Enacto community
Required Skills and Experience;
MicroStrategy performance optimisation
MicroStrategy system administration
Oracle / SQL query expertise
Experience of deigning and producing BI reports
Experience with ETL Tools (diagnose and fix)
MicroStrategy report development
Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or closely related field
Ideal candidate is within 50 miles of site location but client would be keen to interview candidates who may be based further away.