Software Engineer (ADA)
You will provide support to the Nuclear Power Industry by providing development and maintenance of the associated Data Processing and Control Systems (DPCS). As part of the Energy Services Portfolio within the SIX Business Domain we require a software engineer to work within the established engineering team on the Cheadle site.
The role will require being part of a team of engineers working on the development and support of the systems in a safety aware environment. The successful candidate will be required to provide technical expertise and advice on development issues, analyse issues raised within the systems on site and be an active member throughout the development lifecycle supporting the Technical Manager in the creation of estimates and providing timely delivery of the agreed outputs
- Support and understanding of updating and maintaining software intensive systems
- Ability to diagnose faults in software and in systems in conjunction with hardware engineers
- Taking modifications through a full lifecycle from elicitation of customer requirement through to formal acceptance at customer sites, including integration and verification testing
- Ability to produce comprehensive documentation for the design and test of the software and for low level module tests and system integration.
Skills & Experience:
- Nuclear, Defence, Aerospace or highly regulated environment experience
- Experience in Industrial Process controls for Safety Related Systems
- Knowledge of ADA development language and development environments