Mechanical Technician – Nuclear – Somerset – 2 years INSIDE IR35
Client – Babcock / Cavendish Nuclear
Rate – Up to £28 per hour Inside IR35 (Umbrella)
Contract Length – 24 months Contract
Location – Remote / Somerset
Security Clearance Required – BPSS Security Clearance which the client will sponsor if needed
To undertake installation, commissioning and maintenance activities in accordance with their training, best practice and trade/legal standards.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the planning and preparation of works.
- To carry out work in accordance with the work packs and best practice and applicable trade/legal standards.
- To comply with any health and safety requirements of the work pack or work area.
- To carry out safety and behavioural observation.
- To comply with quality requirements of the work pack.
- To not proceed past a hold point.
- To report any defects, damage, safety hazards or other problems to their line manager.
- Any other task/duties, commensurate with the Role Holder’s competency, as directed by the Line Manager.
Academic Requirements Experience requirements:
- Level 3 Qualification (e.g. Recognised Training Scheme or Apprenticeship) appropriate to their trade.
- CCNSG Safety Passport or equivalent • Site Installation/Maintenance experience (preferred) in Nuclear Industry/Power Generation.
Normal working hours are Monday to Thursday 06.30 to 18.00 hrs, with ½ hr unpaid lunch break- total paid hrs 44.
This role may include shift working and extended hours, 11 days on / 3 days off- 06.30 Hrs– 18.00hrs