Graduate Field Engineer
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk
Customer Support and Installation Engineer required for a Merseyside based leading Maritime Specialist Technology Company. The customer base is wide and varied and will require frequent nationwide and global travel. We’ve built our longstanding reputation as a trusted supplier of Vessel Tracking Systems, Port Management Systems and Coastal Surveillance Systems, testing products through technological innovation and service excellence.
Due to business growth our Maritime Specialist client is recruiting for an additional Customer Support and Installation Engineer. The successful candidate will work as part of a team of engineers installing/maintaining systems on site and providing remote support to customers from the office. This will include radar, communication and IT equipment installs and testing. Full training package will be provided.
- Driving Licence.
- Ability to travel nationwide and globally when required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to liaise and work with sub-contractors as required.
- Ability to work at height. (Training and PPE will be provided).
- Self-motivated with a good work ethic.
- Ability to work both, as an individual and as part of a team is essential.
- Work within a support team providing remote support to customers sites.
- Good IT and computer hardware knowledge.
Experience with Microsoft Windows, installing and using applications:
- Relevant Qualifications
- GCSE’s / A Levels / BTEC / HNC / HND / Degree or related professional qualifications will all be considered.
- Relevant technical qualification, however ongoing technical training will be provided for the right candidate with sufficient essential skills. ? Professional background in IT/ Communications/ Electronics/ Electrical Installation and Support Engineering fields or related subject will all be considered.
- This role is also available to College and University graduates.
Advantageous but not essential Skills:
- Experience of working away on site remotely.
- Experience in site installation including hardware and cabling installation. ? Experience of maritime communications equipment. ? Experience of maritime radar equipment.
- Experience with Linux, including basic command line usage
Frequent travel is an important part of the role. When not working on site, engineers are based in the Merseyside office. This will involve such things as completing site visit reports, preparing for upcoming visits / installations and assisting the support team in day to day support requests from our customer base.