Lead Systems Engineer – FCAS
We are seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to work on a large Aerospace and Defence project in its early stages therefore confidence in defining a system from the very first principles and understands the full engineering life cycle.
As Systems Engineer, you will have the opportunity to take part in laying the foundations of future airborne defence communications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be responsible for supporting each of the sprints, taking on a range of tasks relating to developing the model for the ICS and associated requirements.
- Definition and development of the CONEMP and CONOPS for the Communication System as well providing support to the overall system Operational Analysis
- Definition and development of complex performance models to support the Communication System Operational Analysis
- Identification of cutting edge and future technologies and the definition of Airborne Communication Systems roadmaps
- Provide Comms System architectural technical expertise in design reviews and other forums
- Provide a point of contact to the customer and other stakeholders regarding the overall Comms System architecture
- Conducting system ICS trades
- Responsible for the overall interface with the internal customers for the airborne Comms System.
- Interfacing with other line of business to ensure that the Airborne Communication System is integrated to meet the overall needs of the programme.
- Offer support and assistance into all areas of the Future Combat Aircraft Communication programme, as required.
You must be eligible for full security clearance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You really must have:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering/Scientific discipline or similar experience
- Significant Systems Engineering practitioner capability across the entire lifecycle, particularly early stage concept thinking. Strong understanding of model based design
- A proactive attitude
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges
- Ability to develop close relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to understand, interpret, and (where appropriate) influence, current and future user needs and requirements.
- Ability to define and develop requirements in an uncertain domain
- Ability to research and evaluate potential methods of implementation and create reports to capture the benefits and drawbacks of each option and to create technical documentation of system solution.
- Capable of scoping the engineering stages for the full lifecycle of a product
Ideally you would have experience of the following:
- Communication system analysis/modelling/simulation tools
- Development of military and/or commercial communication systems
- Communication systems implementation, including knowledge of wave-forms, architectures, and protocols.
- Development of a communication product through design, integration, verification, validation and certification
- Integration and balancing of complex airframe Electromagnetic requirements across a programme