Quality and Product Assurance Engineer (Space/ Aerospace)
This is an exciting role working for a rapidly growing SME space sector company.
Your role will be within the Operations Team:
The Operations team is in charge of the delivery of space mission services using the technologies developed in house by the Tech team, and externally by key partners and suppliers.
- You will drive the whole lifecycle of process creation and improvement to develop and produce space hardware and software for the high performance space missions.
- You will also have a direct impact in the production and supply chain aspects and will support the industrialisation of the new generation of small satellites.
- You will work with multiple internal and external stakeholders, establishing cross-department processes and synergies.
- You need to be a technical, hands on and pragmatic person that is passionate about continuous improvement and pushing the boundaries, and shares company values and vision.
- You’ll have knowledge of quality management systems applied to the space sector
- You’ll have knowledge of how to apply ECSS standards and implement ISO9001 practically
- You’ll be able to identify and take quantified risks and make decisions in a fast-changing environment enabling customer satisfaction.
- Excellent people management skills and technical know-how on complex products that can directly relate to space/satellites
- Ability to operate autonomously, self-directed and self-motivate
- Use a combination of logic, analysis and past experiences to solve problems effectively