Principal Electrical Building Services Engineer
Main Purpose of Role Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the Electrical Building Services aspects of the 10 Dock Building and Structural Packages. Supports delivery of electrical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost. Ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant HSE requirements.
• Management of the Electrical elements of the Buildings and 10 dock structural packages, ensuring designer technical performance and making appropriate technical responses.
• Provide Subject Matter Expert advice for electrical engineering aspects within the Buildings MEP design
• Provide Technical design guidance and review of electrical design packages
• Provide Technical design guidance and review integration of electrical with other design packages considering relevant safety case documentation
• Manage and review inter-discipline and inter-system interfaces in the built environment using the integrated BIM model of the dockyard facility.
• Work collaboratively with the dockyard user group, technical authority and radiological protection advisers to ensure proposed system design solutions meet functional performance requirements.
• Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget
• Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and effectively contributing to the project’s technical planning process.
• Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Babcock’s Business Management System and Technical Manual
• Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied
• Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
o Control & instrumentation systems;
o Communications and data systems;
o Electrical building services;
o Fire detection systems;
o Public address systems;
o Lighting systems;
o Lightning protection systems;
o CCTV/Security systems;
• Management of designers and sub-contractors.
A minimum of a Batchelor’s Degree in Electrical/Control Engineering
Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear knowledge.