Role: Senior Buyer
Contract Length: 6 months
Pay Rate to Candidate: £45 per hour Umbrella / £32.83 per hour PAYE
Core day to day duties:
• Assist in the continuous development of the NNL Procurement function towards best practice.
• Identify and deliver value adding opportunities from the supply chain.
• Develop and / or select appropriate contract terms & conditions for a controlled supply set in accordance with authorisation policies.
• Lead negotiations / tender exercises for a predetermined range of goods and services.
• Place contracts / Purchase Orders for assigned supply set, adopting appropriate effective contract management techniques.
• Release higher value Purchase Orders against Outline / Group Agreements.
• Use Agresso to create / amend Purchase Orders.
• Assist in the collation and presentation of procurement-based reports.
• Assist individuals with issues and problems on a local site by site basis.
• Line management responsibilities.
• Provide guidance / support to members of the Procurement team and broader NNL community.
• Help and support to the Procurement Managers within NNL as and when required.
• Support Procurement Managers with respect to high value OJEU tenders ensuring compliance with EU procurement directives.
Public Sector experience and knowledgeable with Public Contract Regulations
Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or working towards a Professional membership.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a procurement environment.
Ability to understand technical requirements.
Excellent interpersonal skills – confidence, drive, challenge, influencing skills, communications.
Security Clearance: BPSS
CV Deadline: Monday 4pm
Interview Process: MS teams
Candidates will need a Drugs & Alcohol test & DBS check