Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer – London – Circa £55,000
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will be working within the London-based development team that produces our world class wireless sensor network products based on our FlatMesh and GeoWAN communication platforms. Our systems have a battery life of up to 15 years, so low power design philosophy is a key part of the role.
You will take responsibility for developing reliable firmware components for the platforms, and integrating new sensors and systems. You will also be responsible for coaching other design team members and making architectural decisions to maximise system performance and design efficiency.
The role may involve occasional travel to meet with customers and support product deployment.
Knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications:
- First class degree or upper 2nd in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing software on bare metal and lightweight RTOS (e.g. FreeRTOS, uC/OS, OSEK) systems using C
- Thorough understanding of RTOS principles
- Understanding of power and clocking systems in modern 32-bit microcontroller architectures
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in multi-developer software projects using a version control system (e.g. SVN, git, Mercurial)
- Experience debugging at the hardware level using test equipment such as logic analysers and oscilloscopes
- Experience using at least one modern scripting language (e.g. python) for experimentation and tooling tasks
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience in LoRaWan networks
- Experience in MODBUS or CAN bus
- Experience developing ultra-low power battery operated devices
- Experience implementing complex algorithms in embedded devices