Principal Electronics Engineer (Microwave)
Consider yourself an RF expert? This is a role for you..
We have an exciting opportunity to be part of a global leader in Aerospace and Defence within the communications team. The role will be initially focussed on the electronics design of the RF and control subsystems; to be implemented on laboratory and aircraft concept demonstrators in later stages of the project.
This role would suit an experienced Engineer with Microwave and RF experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be responsible for delivery of specific work packages focussed on analogue and RF electronics, covering the SATCOM architecture design, system test and integration.
- Modelling of proposed architectures to determine the optimal solution.
- Simulation of RF design.
- Documentation of design including configuration management within Teamcenter.
- Support laboratory hardware demonstrator development.
- Practical hands on experience of RF design of circuitry between DC and 30 GHz.
- Experience of the design of PLLs in the 10 to 30 GHz frequency range.
- Experience of either PCB layout or otherwise close working with PCB layout personnel in an advisory capacity.
- Hands on experience of using RF test and measurement equipment to develop and debug RF circuitry up to 30 GHz.
- Experience in designing for temperature and vibration profiles in line with aircraft environments.
- Ability to use RF and system modelling and simulation tools such as MATLAB and Keysight ADS.
- Ability to produce concise technical reports detailing design solutions and implementation.
- Ability to understand and follow the business practices, such as design reviews, which come with working in a high technology defence environment.
- Graduate degree in relevant engineering or related scientific discipline (Electronics Engineering preferred).
- Ability to make technical decisions within own sphere of responsibility.
- Willingness to work proactively within a fast moving and dynamic environment.
- Ability to be a team player with a willingness to share ideas and communicate well within a project team environment.
- As part of an electromechanical project, be willing to work closely with the mechanical team members to create a solution which addresses all design requirements.