Bid Manager *12 Month FTC*
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Bid Manager to join a busy but friendly central Bid Management Team for a fixed-term period. You’ll have the opportunity to work on an interesting and diverse range of Defence and Non-Defence related bids for a global Defence organisation.
This is your chance to be responsible for controlling the end-to-end bid process from initial qualification through to bid submission and contract award.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Produce persuasive bids demonstrating the ability of the Company to deliver quality solutions;
- Collation of estimates and cost inputs from SMEs; prepare and present cost data into the appropriate corporate format in readiness for governance.
- Responsible for the timely planning, management, and completion of all bid submissions including Expression of Interest, Pre-Qualifying Questionnaire’s and formal tender responses.
- Support opportunity planning activities across company where appropriate;
- Adhere to the bid process as governed by the internal Business Management System (BMS);
- Conduct appropriate governance in accordance with the BMS guidelines;
- Facilitate bid reviews to ensure quality and compliance, conducting post bid Learning from Experience (LfE) reviews;
- Manage the collation of content from SMEs;
- Manage the bid teams’ responses and content within the bid lifecycle process;
- Work with SMEs to extract compelling value-add statements and Win Themes
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the Bid team to the benefit of the wider business;
- Undertake other tasks to support the team as and when required;
- Comply with Company policies and procedures;
- At least 2 years’ Bid Management experience
- Excellent project management skills to deliver bids on time and within budget
- Strong written communication
- Strong organisational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical outlook
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage a variable workload
- Expert use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Project
- Knowledge of supporting/leading pricing development
- APMP Foundation certified (or equivalent)