Principle Battery Management System Engineer
Real Time Recruitment Solutions
Principal Battery Management System (BMS) Engineer, Wellingborough, up to £75,000
An exciting opportunity has come up with a global leader within automotive industry. Over time, they have gained an excellent reputation for innovation and quality and they are now looking to add to their team by recruiting a Principal Battery Management System (BMS) Engineer to join their team in Wellingborough.
As the Principal you will lead the design and development of Battery Management System – Software and Hardware within the Powertrain department.
Lead the design, development and delivery of Battery Management System (BMS) – [Hardware and Software] throughout all stages of development, from creating specifications and prototypes to refining designs, monitoring delivery and installation.
Lead Embedded System development for BMS that will work in tandem with vehicle’s Energy Storage System (ESS).
Lead definition of the hardware, software and functional requirements for future BMS solutions, documenting these requirements, and ensuring alignment between other departments.
To lead design of the architecture for both BMS Hardware and Software.
Documenting and maintaining the BMS Boundary Diagram, and BMS FMEA.
Working with cross-functional teams to ensure plans are in place for the delivery of supporting software and hardware, identifying resource requirements to maintain on time, on cost and on budget delivery.
Planning and completing definitions to support test activity, reporting issues from testing, leading on investigation, root cause analysis and issue resolution.
Liaise closely with the mechanical and electrical engineering teams to ensure that designs are optimised at all levels.
Lead hardware design, software design, simulation analysis and testing as required to ensure safe, reliable operation while meeting the required performance, regulatory, functional safety (ISO26262) and other requirements.
Lead the testing of Battery Management Systems using both in-house and external facilities.
- Strong background in design and delivery of automotive Battery Management System (BMS) from design to launch/ production in automotive or motorsport applications as part of an OEM, Tier 1, or consultancy.
- Extensive knowledge on Energy Storage System (ESS) architectures and practical experience.
- Understanding of the relevant legal requirements, safety standards of BMS design, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), vehicle safety and functional safety standards such as ISO 26262.
- Familiarity with typical software coding tools and software validation tools
- Familiarity with Functional Safety methodology and requirements.
- Be familiar with structured problem-solving approaches and typical tools such as 8D and Ishikawa.
- Battery design and HV system design with a BMS focus.
FOR AN IMMEDIATE INTERVIEW…
send an up to date CV to m a r t i n . b y r n e @ r t r s . c o . u k or call 0 1 1 6 4 6 4 6 9 7 1
Electronics Hardware Engineering