Software Project Lead
There is an exciting opportunity to join the Integrated Sensing and Protection (ISP) Software Engineering team as a Software Project Lead.
The successful candidate will be leading and governing the software team of project engineers involved in all aspects of the Software Engineering lifecycle and be able to support technical activities on current programmes as well as providing support to develop concepts, software architectures and designs – taking these forward to implementation, integration, test and evaluation and ultimately supporting in-service systems.
You will be working on projects associated with both internally funded products as well as products directly deliverable to key customers within short timescales. You would be joining a dedicated team with a full and stretching workload – with huge potential for personal development and growth.
- Facilitating a class-leading mentality to all aspects of software development, with emphasis on progressive growth of our software technology and product capability through the use of model-driven and latest techniques, recognising that the software is both a complex function of itself and could be integrated as part of a more complex multi-domain system within and beyond our company scope of supply.
- Contributing to the high-level requirements capture and concept design in order to enable the requirements applicable to software to be well-derived. In some cases this may involve direct liaison with customers to elicit requirements and drive this process.
- Definition and authoring of Software Development Plans, balancing the needs of a given project with appropriate company and external processes.
- Experienced in leading software teams
- Managing software projects to budget and timescale.
- Regular reporting on progress to Engineering Management.
- Application of corrective action plans.
- Risk Management
- Awareness of software development via model-driven engineering, including practical knowledge of auto-coding from Matlab and Simulink.
- C / C++ / C#, Python, Nengo, Java, Delphi.
- Safety-critical software development experience.