Mission Systems Engineer – Remote/Plymouth/Rosyth – Babcock – 6 months
Client – Babcock Marine
Rate – Up to £70 per hour Inside IR35 (Umbrella)
Contract Length – 6 months
Location – Remote / Plymouth / Bristol / Rosyth
Security Clearance Required – SC Security Clearance which the client will sponsor if needed
Main Purpose of Role
The role is within our complex shipbuilding programme, developing designs through concept and early stage design as well as supporting the bidding process. The role is for a Principal Mission Systems Engineer. A Principal Mission Systems Engineer is required to contribute and lead product development throughout the design lifecycle and provide technical support to our key customers, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of engineering outputs. They are required to act as a Technical Authority and to have deep subject knowledge.
The role requires demonstrable experience in the development of mission systems on marine platforms, an ability to work within a multi-discipline team, and good written and verbal communication skills.
Key Result Areas
- Engagement with Customers to develop and agree an unambiguous statement of requirements
- Produce sensor and weapon suite concept designs
- Specification, selection and/or management of external suppliers (component and service) as required
- Manage risk within the project lifecycle
- Objectively assess different design options
- Produce design documentation in support of a bid or project lifecycle
- Preparing and checking design documentation as required to time, cost and quality
- Authorisation of design documentation as required
- Chair and/or contribute to Design Reviews
- Managing bid responses
- Representing Group and/or Department as required
- Management of multi discipline engineering and design teams to time, cost and quality
- Train and develop self and others
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
- The Principal Mission Systems Engineer is required to have a high level of developed knowledge, the role is directly accountable for design development, and determines solutions to problems and issues within their specialist subject area.
- Provides help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
- Ideally degree qualified but HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive experience in relevant field will be considered;
- Be a member of a relevant institution, and hold Chartered status;
- Either already UK Security cleared or able for achieve UK SC clearance