Construction Site Supervisor – Babcock Marine – Devonport – 6 Months
Client – Babcock Marine
Rate – Up to £50 per hour Inside IR35 (Umbrella)
Contract Length – 6 months
Location – Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth
Security Clearance Required – SC Security Clearance which the client will sponsor
A new ‘Major Infrastructure Projects’ (MIP) Business Unit (BU) is in development to drive the development of Devonport’s Infrastructure to support the future needs of our customers. The MIP BU is an enduring capability and there will be a wide range of further infrastructure projects to come. We will be working closely with the BUs responsible for maintaining the existing infrastructure and with our customer to determine long-term needs.
Construction Site Supervisor to support three MIP SRC Programmes of work.
There is a range of works already taking place in this area with additional work about to be ramped up in the coming weeks. The Programmes of work are all taking place in a nuclear Submarine refit facility and the successful candidate will be required to oversee all the Mechanical and Electrical works taking place on this complex site ensuring that the physical works are integrated and undertaken in a safe manner. This will involve working alongside three MIP Programme Managers and a range of other organisations also undertaking works at the same site.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary works in a nuclear environment.
- Overhaul and/or replacement of existing equipment.
- Strip, refurbishment and re-instatement of services in subway systems.
- A range of Mechanical and Electrical construction works from wiring installation to integrated HVAC system installation.
- Completion of the commissioning of complex Nuclear Submarine defueling plant.
- Refurbishment of dockside cranes and more. The works are currently in various states of progress from scope identification stage to commissioning of a nearly complete facility.
- There are a range of other organisations undertaking a variety of maintenance and upkeep works in the same vicinity, and the post holder will have to understand how these will be integrated with the programme of works above.