Principal Configuration Engineer
Are you an experienced Configuration Engineer looking for your next step with one of the largest worldwide defence organisations?
This role is for a Principal Configuration Engineer for Land & Naval in the UK at Project level. The role includes reviewing customer CM & PDM requirements; identifying applicable Technical, Physical and Procedural controls and defining associated requirements; authoring Configuration Management plans; conducting, documenting and managing configuration control boards where required and helping to develop and manage robust product design and build standard control.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Generation of Configuration Management Plans.
- Managing CM related activates required by the company PDM system (Team Centre)
- Definition of Configuration requirements derived from Customer requirements, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design.
- Liaising with all areas of the business on project CM related issues.
- Producing CM related metrics at project level to feed into CM at a functional level.
- Chairing Configuration Control Board meetings.
- Configuration Management and Planning: Highly skilled in the knowledge of CM Management & Planning activities.
- Fully versed with the requirements of international CM & experienced in the development of such through interaction with customers, partners & suppliers
- Configuration Identification: Highly knowledgeable in configuration identification arena. Able to establish & apply configuration identification activities. Capable of generating & communicating the project requirements in line with the project need
- Configuration Change Management: Highly knowledgeable in configuration change management.
- Able to represent CM and run a CCB to confirm the business impact of proposed changes, & at international CCB to present company decisions.
- Capable of managing conflicts in business change decisions
- Configuration Status Accounting: Knowledgeable in managing the CSA activities & understanding the importance and need for verifying requests for CSA reports.
- Capable of defining & managing partner & subcontractor CSA information, analysing the information & supporting the production of metrics & KPI requirements
- Configuration Verification & Audit
- Reporting Skills
- Demonstrate Honesty & Integrity
- Not afraid to challenge IPTs& Senior Management on CM& PDM related issues
- Able to acquire new technical knowledge on the job with strong multitasking skills
- Excellent Communication & Presentation skills
- Strong & pragmatic problem solving approach