Principal Systems Engineer – EA/ES
We are on the search for highly skilled individuals to join their Systems Engineering Function to work on a large-scale EW integration programme.
Candidates with a broad range of Systems Engineering Lifecycle expertise working in the Defence industry, coupled with Electronic Attack and/or Electronic Surveillance domain knowledge should apply.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your primary responsibility will be to provide expertise in RF systems engineering and signal processing for electronic warfare subsystems. Key subsystems include transmit and receive antennas, high power RF amplifiers, electronic receivers, and waveform generators.
Your role will include the derivation of EA/ES sub-system requirements and the technical liaison with sub-contractors on Statement of Work deliverables and acceptance criteria for inclusion in the overall programmes compliance matrix.
You will apply your knowledge of RF communications systems to generate realistic models and simulations of threat systems and apply these models to quantify the effectiveness of electronic attack and or surveillance concepts and designs against such threats in operational environments.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- In-depth knowledge of RF communication systems
- Strong understanding of Signal Processing techniques
- Significant understanding of EW (EA/ES) environmental threat analysis
- Modelling experience using Matlab/Simulink toolset
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to steer technical interchange discussions
- Ability to operate both at a strategic and tactical level, with a willingness to engage directly to resolve detailed technical issues
- Ability to define and influence requirements definition and design decisions, both within the internal project team and customer environments
- Experience of developing systems which align to Open Architectures and conform to (defence) standards
- Ability to define test and acceptance criteria and assess system design compliance against user and system requirements
- Possess a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or other related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation ability
- Ability to achieve Security clearances to SC minimum
- Knowledge of Land CEMA Architecture and the associated building blocks
- Experience working collaboratively across a large team to achieve business improvement objectives
- Experience of team leadership or technical management
- Experience of planning, estimating and defining engineering tasks