Senior Software Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to be based at our site in Westbury (Wiltshire) or one of our customer sites, although there is an opportunity to conduct the majority of work remotely in a home-based setting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of software and systems engineering duties and system administration tasks for the UKMFTS (UK Military Flying Training System) programme
- Driving the development and testing of new features
- Taking an active role in an Agile-based development cycle, including daily team meetings and retrospectives, task estimation and prioritisation, planning, demonstration and reporting activities
- Providing server and database administration
- Developing and Monitoring the TMIS software build and deployment pipeline
- Managing software releases and ensuring that application issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Communicating on a daily basis with key internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- Solid understanding of the full software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Experience in using and administrating relational databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material
- Excellent customer service skills
If you want to learn more before applying, search Tom Sloan at Real Time Recruitment Solutions to speak. I will be more than happy to tell you all about them.