Advanced RF / Wireless Engineer
Position – Advanced RF / Wireless Engineer
Type – Contract
Location – Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Rate – £55.00 per hour PAYE contract
Hours – Typically 37.5 hours per week
Duration – 12 months +
Start Date – ASAP ?
- Take a leadership role in the design, analysis and development of RF systems and sub-systems for clients Satellite Communications products with increasing levels of responsibility over the first 12 months.
- Work towards becoming the technical lead within a small hardware team responsible for both new product developments and maintaining legacy designs.
- Work with suppliers, contract manufacturers, CAD and software resources to develop and deliver high performance products.
- Manage build states, board revisions and provide hardware support within a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide input for requirements gathering, develop designs and test procedures to show compliance.
- Assist in the definition, planning and management of projects for the design, development and manufacture of RF products.
- Contribute to the technology roadmap for growing RF capability for new airspace and UAS/UAV satellite communication
- Implement best practices to manage cost and risk in product development and product manufacturing
YOU MUST HAVE
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline or 10+ years of experience in RF design
- At least 5-years’ experience as a RF design engineer in either the Cellular or SATCOM sector
- Technical background in the design of RF signal chains (transmitters, receivers) and frequency synthesis.
- Knowledge of software defined radio architectures.
- Ability to translate high level requirements into circuit board level requirements.
- Experience of mixed signal board designs, SMD and practical soldering skills.
- Ability to generate test plans and run test campaigns including the capture, analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Ability to develop software scripts in order to automate design verification testing. Ability to analyse and manipulate data in excel.
- Experience in working with electronics schematic capture and layout packages (particularly Mentor) with multilayer PCBs.
- Experience of digital hardware and power supply design.
- Experience of Antenna design.
- Experience of Microwave Office.
- Ability to work efficiently in cooperation with a multidisciplinary project team.
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done
Pay rate – £55 p/h PAYE