Lead Software Engineer
Our team in York are the experts in the industry and together we have decades of experience in software architecture, embedded development, agile methodologies and test driven development.
- You are a software engineer with significant experience and a broad range of technical knowledge. You can work independently and to an excellent standard and lead technical aspects of development work.
- You will work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver new functionality in our model-based code generator for automotive middleware. We develop our product in C++, with Python for supporting tools; the tool processes XML and generates embedded C code.
- You will design, write and test software to meet complex requirements.
- You will work with our analysts to help clarify imprecise specifications and develop an excellent understanding of the domain, including the relevant AUTOSAR standards.
- You will take responsibility for aspects of the software architecture.
- You will support the team in carrying out effective effort estimations for development work.
- You understand the value of professional software engineering and work to the highest standards of quality while remaining focussed on meeting requirements.
- You will share your knowledge and help to mentor less experienced colleagues.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- Effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Strong analytical skills
- An excellent understanding of software development processes
- It would be advantageous if you also had experience of the following:
- Automotive software development (AUTOSAR, A-SPICE)
- Embedded or control software
- Working incrementally and iteratively – e.g. using Scrum
If you want to learn more before applying, search Tom Sloan at Real Time Recruitment Solutions to speak. I will be more than happy to tell you all about them.