Principal Systems Engineer *RF*
Are you an experienced RF/Communications systems engineer? We have an exciting opportunity to aid a global Aerospace & Defence organisation with the development of their aircraft communication systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be responsible for delivery of specific work packages supporting communications system development; working across a range of technical disciplines such as: system & architecture design, RF integration and antenna integration.
The role will be initially focussed on system design, including antenna, transceiver and modem specifications and communications architectures to be implemented on laboratory and aircraft concept demonstrators in later stages of the project.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
You must have:
- Experience of communication systems implementation, including knowledge of Communications systems techniques, waveforms and architectures
- Knowledge of RF communication systems hardware implementation (such as transmitters, receivers, filters, SDR).
- Experience of mathematical or system modelling (e.g. MATLAB, System view).
- Ability to produce detailed technical reports.
- Graduate degree in relevant engineering or related scientific discipline.
It would be nice if you have any of the following:
- Knowledge of protocols and error correction schemes
- Knowledge of current military communications systems.
- An understanding of Transmission Security (TRANSEC) methods.