Industry Project Engineer
Type – Contract
Location – Faslane
Rate – £30 – £40 per hour – Umbrella Company or PAYE equivalent (neg dependant on experience)
Duration – 3 Months initially, potential for perm opportunity for the right candidate
Hours – 36 hours per week
Start Date – ASAP ?
- Responsible for the technical engineering support and direction to JPTs IWE work packages.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with cost, time and quality requirements.
- Ensure correct Quality Documentation is reviewed and called for at commencement and throughout each project activity.
- Management of subcontractors when required to complete areas of the work package.
- Responsible for Fleet Operations adherence to Babcock Clyde Diving Safety Management Systems.
- Arrange and chair look ahead meetings, at regular intervals, for IWE Work packages for identified platform.
- Report to the IWE Manager on the progress of work packages and highlight any issues as required.
- Actively lead IWE capability development and innovation initiatives. Integrate new IWMAR capabilities and establish as normal practice.
- Required to solve challenging technical problems across many specialist subject matters i.e. identifying underwater risks, providing solutions to underwater engineering challenges.
- Reviews and updates documentation and participates in extensive engineering discussions across different disciplines.
- Develops detailed In Water Requirements documents to capture details of IWMAR work packages methods and processes.
- Analyses situations, events or processes to identify shortfalls and weaknesses in working practices.
- Develops and implements recommendations to address shortfalls and deliver change and continuous improvement.
- Coordinating IWE contractors and providing engineering oversight for IWE work packages. Supporting continuous improvement processes of IWMAR technologies and processes.
- Facilitating and enabling the functions and output of the IWE Manager.
- Provide technical engineering support and direction to JPTs for work packages under the waterline when platforms are afloat. Support the development of new In Water Maintenance and Repair (IWMAR) techniques through innovation initiatives targeted at Design Authority Requirements categorised as “Docking Dependant”. Support IWE as Fleet Operations underwater compliance authority for work packages under the waterline.
Knowledge of the following:
- Underwater maintenance, inspection and repair techniques
- Water Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Submarine Systems and Equipment
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Safe Systems of Work
- Risk Assessments
- Quality Assurance
- Health, Safety & Environment
- Business applications.