Head Of Electronic Engineering
Specialise in Electronics Engineering? This could be the role for you…
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Electronic Engineering to join and become an important member within a large Aerospace & Defence organisation.
You will have accountability for delivering site Electronics Engineering for the Electronic Warfare (EW), Major Air Programmes (MAP) and Customer Support and Solutions Services (CS3) lines of business, by managing the delivery of technology, people, skills, tools, infrastructure and process to all projects.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Technical leadership for Electronics Engineering – providing technical engineering expertise for problem resolution and creating innovative solutions.
- Define, deliver and deploy the technology route-maps aligned to capability growth.
- Lead, mentor and coach staff to enhance leadership and technical capability within the function.
- Be responsible for Electronics Work-package definition and, resourcing at Luton.
- Be responsible for the delivery of the Engineering Tools plan for, ensuring a common delivery approach across the UK.
- Define the Model Driven Engineering (MDE) activities for Electronics Engineering to deliver integrated tool-chain and process flow with other functional disciplines [Software, Systems, Mechanical]
- Deliver a credible supply plan to deliver projects to budget and schedule, including developing outsourcing partners.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong Technical background in one or more Electronics sub-discipline [e.g. RF/Microwave, digital, power, etc.] acknowledged within the business as a technical leader.
- Proven people leadership skills
- Proven delivery of technology development and insertion into product.
- Sound knowledge of functional design and development processes across the product life-cycle.
- Demonstrated performance in delivery of technical work-packages.